You can influence policy changes to benefit young children and families in Louisiana by getting involved in many different ways.
Any Louisianan can take action including parents, child care providers, business leaders, chambers of commerce, community organizations, and faith-based organizations.
To learn more please select a topic to the right:
- Contact your elected officials at the local, state, and federal level about why early care and education is important to you. Your elected officials want to hear from you, their constituents!
- Stay engaged during the Louisiana state legislative session which informs statewide policy on early and education and other issues concerning young children.
- Join statewide advocacy coalitions which provide opportunities to share your voice about this critical issue.
- Attend state meetings on early care and education such as the Board of Secondary and Elementary Education (BESE), Children’s Cabinet Advisory Board (CCAB), and the Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) Commission.
- Inform candidates running for office about why and how to prioritize early care and education during their campaign and if they are elected. Candidates at the local, state, and federal level want to hear from voters like you!